Sunday, March 09, 2014
Human culture, being the product of human society has played the role of translator and transmitter, to pass on the beliefs, values and norms of human society from one generation to another generation on their social constructions and activities.
The knowledge which the man has learnt from interaction, skills develop to adjust the nature, social behaviour, community identity with "We feeling" of the community from one generation to another generation, spreading the same feeling from one member to another member of the community and to develop unity towards the society and culture among the members of the community and in different cultural international activities. The human behaviour should be looked in any form or the other. Therefore, the "Barha Bhairav Dance" of Newar community of Pokhara is observed as religious and cultural heritage of its own.
Pokhara is a city which is rich in cultural diversity and there has always been some kind of effort to modify different traditions to give them a new look. In the twenty first century that is not really a big issue. There are many such traditions which will lose their charm and identity if they are changed and modified instead of improvement the tradition will keep on losing its charm. The charm, identity and importance, the tradition used to have in the past may get spoil forever and never to recover again. Barha Bhairav Dance is a unique dance. It is also a very old dance and has its own interesting history behind it. It was brought to Pokhara by Jitaram from Bhaktapur more than 236 years ago according to the Guru Mr. Sarbagyaman Pradhanaga who is 101 years now. The raga, the song, sung in this beautiful dance indicates that it was started at the time of last Malla king of Bhaktapur, Ranjit Malla. This dance was originated in the famous place Bhaktapur and brought to the beautiful city Pokhara while Newari peoples migrating to Pokhara. It is performing in every 6 years in Pokhara to fulfill its cultural role although it was performing in every 12 years. Barha Bhairav Dance of Pokhara has its own identify and is in a way representing Pokhara and its past culture. If we can preserve this Barha Bhairav Dance, its originality, then there is no doubt that this dance will keep on gaining popularity and will not only be cherished in this century but also in many upcoming centuries also. In keeping minding above all these things, it seems very necessary that we should preserve Barha very necessary that we should preserve Barha Bhairav Dance of Pokhara in its original form.
During Ghantakarna Chaturdashi every year the Barha Bhairav are worshipped in the evening because people because people believed that God Mahadev involves himself in worshiping place that day. After the ritual and worshiping are over the Bhairav Dance Committee will organize a meeting to decide whether they will conduct Bhairav Dance on that year on not. In the past, Barha Bhairav Dance was conducted every six years. This is mainly because if the period is too long then they may face some difficulties related to the people participating in the unique dance. It will be difficult for them to continue the dance if they have long gaps in between. So, they decided to conduct Barha Bhairav Dance every six years. Last time, it was conducted in the year 2067 and thereafter in 2072 in duration of 6 years. So, the Bhairav Dance Committee decided to conduct Barha Bhairav Dance every 6 yearly. In future it may be conducted in 2072.
There is a tradition of keeping twelve masks of twelve Bhairavs in a very ancient and traditional box. During Ghantakarna, the box is worshipped and each of the tunes which is being played in each phase during Barha Bhairav Dance is played very shortly. Every year during Gaijatra, early in the morning the masks of Barha Bhairav are displayed outside the courtyard of Bhairavnath temple in Bhairav Tole so that the local people as well as the people visiting from different parts of the country can worship. And in the evening the masks of Barha Bhairavs are once again brought back into the Bhairavnath Temple. If the Barha Bhairav Dance is going to be conducted in that year then the masks are not kept inside the ancient and traditional box, once they have been displayed.
The members of Barha Bhairav Dance Committee, the people engaged in different profession and those people who have faith in Barha Bhairav Dance can bring their religious offering when worshiping Natheshwor God placed in Bhairavnath Temple and also worships the place where a first dance rehearsal is going to be conducted for about twenty to thirty days. The dance is conducted according to the Tantrik rituals and cannot be conducted without it. According to the Tantrik rituals the main priest conducts worshiping in the evening on Thursday and with his meditation he transfers all the souls of Barha Bhairav to twelve separate rituals post i.e. Keshi. Transferring the soul from the masks first the soul from the masks first the soul of Bhairav then after that the souls of Bhudhi (Kali) Bhairav, Indrayani, Barahi, Kumari, Baishnavi, Brahmayani, Maheshwori (Gangaju), Ganesh, Dakini, Kwang and Bhuchcha are transferred serially.
In the past, only the Ranjeetkar castes belonging to the Newar community use to paint. Nowadays the mask are painted by none other than the famous cartoonist Durga Baral and other artist like Gopal Shrestha (Gopal Art), Ramesh Shrestha and Kiran Ranjeetkar. After the painting is finished, the main priest transfers back all the souls which he had taken back into the masks with his sheer meditation. After the Tantrik rituals and worshipping are over on that very morning, the summon worshiping (calling the Gods) is done. The main worshipping of Natheswor Gods is conducted in Bhimsenthan. And on that very day the dance is first performed in Bhimsenthan. The dancers taking part in the dance should have bath and come to Bhairavnath Temple around five pm. About hundred people are involved in each Barha Bhairav Dance. They include the dancers, singers, musicians, and the volunteers. Then the priest conducts the worshipping the Barha Bhairav Dance ahead towards the destination.
After reaching the spot, the Barha Bhairav dances first. Then people start worshipping and the dance in conducted. There is a great belief that if the person calls the Barha Bhairav Dance then it brings lot of good lucks and prosperity for their family and takes away their bad lucks. The Kali Bhairav dances along with two i.c. Quang and Bhuchcha. It looks as if the two are teasing the Kali Bhairav and the dance which is very popular amng the crowd which is popularly known as the light dance (Jyoti Nritya). Likewise, all the dance will be performed in their own style on last stage of the dance. Once again the Barha Bhairav Dance returns back and will perform the dance together as in the beginning. The Bhairav Dance comes back to the Bhairavnath Temple in Bhairav Tole after worshipping for the final time.
On first day, Barha Bhairav Dance is conducted in Bhimsenthan, then in Saraswoti Temple, in Bindhyabasini Temple and on the same day the light dance is performed in the Ganesh Temple respectively. On the fifth day, the Barha Bhairav Dance is conducted in Guru's home. Afterwards, Bhairav Dance goes to those person's home who invites for the Dance. The dancers, musicians, singers and the volunteers need to walk on foot to their destination. And white sheet of clothes placed on the road and the dancers walk on those clothes until they reach the spot for the dance. The last dance is conducted in the courtyard of Bhairavnath Temple and is known as Shanti Nach (Peach Dance) and the ending of Bhairav dance is declared. People have to wait eagerly another six years to witness the cultural heritage with entertain the Barha Bhairav Dance in Pokhara.
»Filed Under: English, Festivals, Newari Culture
Friday, March 07, 2014
कुनै दिन कसैले फेसबुकमा कुनै स्पेशल ब्यक्ति वा सामान्य व्यक्ति जो सुकै होस सर्च गरिएको हुन्छ? सायद हामीले कुनै व्यक्तिको जन्मदिन कहिले हो वा आफ्ना कुनै पुरानो साथीलाई खोज्नको वा कसैको आपत्तिजनक तस्विर खोज्नको लागि पनि सर्च गर्ने गर्छौँ । प्राय जसो मानिसहरुले कुनै एक कुरा वा अर्को कार्यको लागि अन्य व्यक्तिहरुको चियो गर्ने गर्छ चाहे त्यो व्यक्ति साथी मात्र होस् वा लामो समय देखिको सम्बन्ध भएको होस् । सायद हामीले त्यो सम्झँदैनौ वा कुनै समयमा त्यो गरिएको कार्यलाई याद गर्दैनौ । तर फेसबुकले यि सबै कार्य जुन हामीले गरेका हुन्छौँ ति सबै र यदि हामीले त्यसतो कार्य आफै मात्र भनेर सुरक्षित गरृेर आफ्नो फेसबुक को अकाण्ट बनाएता पनि सुरक्षित रुपमा अभिलेख राखेको हुन्छ । कहिलेकाँही कुनैदिन हामीले हाम्रो फेसबुक को अकाण्टमा साथीले चियो चर्चो गरेको थाहा पाउँदैनौ जुन हामीले भएको हेर्न चाहन्नौ । अब म यहाँ ती सबै आफ्नो फेसबुकमा गरिएका सम्पूर्ण सर्च लाई कसरी हटाउने जसबाट हामी कुनै दिन नराम्रो अवस्थाबाट गुज्रिनबाट बच्न सक्दछौँ ।
फेसबुकको सर्च इतिहाँसलाई हटाउने तरिकाः
फेसबुको सर्च इतिहासलाई हटाउनको लागि निम्न तरिकाहरु प्रयोग गर्न आवश्यक छ ।
- आफ्नो Activity Log खोल्नुहोस् । यो हामीले आफ्नो फेसबुको प्रोफाईलमा पाउन सक्छौँ । त्यो Activity Log बटनमा थिचौँ जुन कभरफोटोको मुनि हुन्छ ।
- Activity Log भनेको नै हामीले फेसबुकमा गर्ने हरेक कार्यको इतिहास हो जसमा हरेक फरक फरक कार्यको छुट्टा छुट्टै अभिलेख हुन्छ । हाम्रो पोस्ट देखि लिएर लाइक्स र कमेन्ट जुन हामीले गर्छौँ हरेक कार्यको लेखाजोखा हुन्छ । यो Activity Log ले सर्च इतिहास पनि अभिलेख गरेर राखेको हुन्छ ।Activity Log थिची सकेपछि बायाँ तर्फ हेर्रौँ साथै फोटोहरु, लाईक्स र कमेन्टस मुनि पट्टि, त्यहाँ हामीले मोर भन्ने बटन भेट्ने छौँ । मोर अप्सनमा जानको लागि त्यसमा थिचौँ ।
- त्यसपछि आउने सुचीबाट सर्च अप्सन खोजौँ । जुन सबैभन्दा तलपट्टि हुन्छ । त्यसमा थिच्दा हामीले सर्च गरेका हरेक कार्यलाई मिति अनुसार अर्थात कुन मिति र समयमा के के कुरा खोजिएको थियो वा कुन कुन कार्य गरिएको थियो सबै देखाइदिन्छ । साथै दायाँ तर्फ हामीले सर्चहरुलाई क्लिएर गर्ने अप्सन पनि देख्ने छौँ ।
- अब यदि हामीले त्यो क्लिएर सर्च अप्सनलाई थिच्यौँ भने, हाम्रा सबै सर्च हिस्टोरी कुनै धर्को पनि बाँकी नरहने गरी सधैँको लागि हटेर जानेछ ।
नोटः त्यो क्लिएर बटन भनेको पछि फ्ेरी नफर्कन मिल्ने बाटो हो । यदि हामीले यो एक चोटी प्रया्ेग गर्यौ भने फेरी हामीले आफ्नो सर्च इतिहास फितौ ल्याउन सक्दैनौ चाहे हामीलाई त्यो जुन सुकै कारणले आवश्यक परोस् । त्यसैले यो अप्सन प्रयोग गदौ सावधानी अपनाउन आवश्यक हुन्छ ।
यदि तपाईहरुलाई यो पोष्ट उपयोगी लागेमा आफ्ना साथी भाइमा सक्दो सेयर गरौँ र उनीहरुलाई पनि कुनै आपत्तिजनक सर्चलाई लाई हटाउनमा सहयोग गरौँ ।
»Filed Under: Facebook, Nepali, Tips And Tricks
Thursday, March 06, 2014
स्टेप बाई स्टेप का केही गजलकारहरुले लेखेका केही गहकीला गजलहरु
»Filed Under: Gajal, Nepali
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
These two methods does the works as charm that made my face happy afterwards using this methods
I've faced this kind of problem manytimes that I've lost mine important files and folder from usb drive as well as memorycard. The main problem is the memory card and pendrive shows the file capacity but if I open the usb drive and memory card then there are no files and folders. Later, I knew this was happened by malwares.
- Click on the Start button and select "Run".
- Type in "regedit" in the box and click "OK" to start up the Editor.
- Once regedit appears, navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\¬Explorer\Advanced.
- Right-click on hidden and select modify.
- Change the value to 1 and click OK to save your changes.
- Click on Start > Run > Type cmd and Click on OK.
- It opens up the command prompt windows.
- Type in this command.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
Here, I assumed mine external hard drive as G:
It should look like this
C:\attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
Then Press Enter
Note: Replace the letter g with your external hard drive letter.
Now, check for your files in External Drive.
Hope it will help you.
»Filed Under: English, Tips And Tricks
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Once you have the Chatamri (newari pizza) then i'll forget the real pizza. You'll want it again and again.
Let's Make A CHATAMARI
#Creating the Main Base:
- Firstly, take about 150 grms of rice flour.
- Put one glass of water into it and stir it for a while.
- Keep adding water until it goes semi liquid creamy white.After creating semi liquid mix of watr and rice flour, add some butter as ur wish to it and stir it again.
- You can also add very little amount of sugar and salt, but is optional.
- Then keep it in separate bowel for a while and cover it with a lid. Just we've made the the basic requirement for the base of the CHATAMARI.
#For the VEGETERIANS:
- Cut small pieces of Onions, but don't grind it.
- Take 3 medium sized tomatoes, and cut it uniformly.
- Chop down few corianders(Dhaniya).
- Cut one medium sized steamed potatoes, into minute pieces or you can grind it. We need to fry it in a fry pan.
- Put some olive oil(oil as ur wish) in a pan
- Fry all onions and potatoes until it's browny.
- Add some salt, ginger powder and other spices as ur need.
- Add tomatoes to in and fry it until the tomatoes turns the mixture thick red.
#For Non-Vegs:For the non-vegs, we need to do one thing that is just add chicken or buff or any kind of meat with the steps for the Vegetarians, thats all.
Adding all together, we've made the basic part ready.
- Take a flat pan.
- Pour one table spoon olive oil(oil as ur wish).
- Take the help of cup-shapped spoon, pour adeqautee amount of semi-liquied rice cream to the pan.
- With the help of same spooon, shape it to round.
- Now add all those ingredients over it you can add some cheese for extra taste.
- Add chopped coriander at last and cover the pan with lid.
- After around 5 mins, take out the lid and turn over the pizza and heat it for 2 minutes.
- now take out the chatamari into your serving dish.
YOUR CHATAMARI IS READY TO SERVER, you'll love this better than pizza
»Filed Under: Newari Delicious Foods, Recipes